Life can be so busy and anxiety provoking. You may be overwhelmed by the mistakes of yesterday or the worries of tomorrow. Mindfulness is the basic ability to be fully present, aware of where you are and what you’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around you.
Mindfulness is a pretty straightforward word. It suggests that the mind is fully attending to what’s happening, to what you’re doing, to the space you’re moving through. That might seem trivial, except for the annoying fact that we so often veer from the matter at hand. Our mind takes flight, we lose touch with our body, and pretty soon we’re engrossed in obsessive thoughts about something that just happened or fretting about the future. And that makes us anxious. Yet no matter how far we drift away, mindfulness is right there to snap us back to where we are and what we’re doing and feeling. If you want to know what mindfulness is, it’s best to try it for a while. Since it’s hard to nail down in words, you will find slight variations in the meaning in books, websites, audio, and video. This is where I become helpful. Together we will learn the skills and practices to empower you to reduce anxiety, worry and truly enjoy the present moment.
Reasons for Mindfulness
Stress & Anxiety
Post Traumatic Stress
If You Currently Experience:
- Constantly feeling anxious and worried;
- Feeling irritable, agitated and easily annoyed;
- Argumentative and defensive with friends and family;
- Restless sleeping;
- Low levels of energy, often waking up feeling tired;
- Restless and frenetic mind;
- Often self-critical and/or critical of others;
- Feeling flat and uninspired;
- Having difficulty concentrating;
- Skin rashes and conditions;
- Clenching your jaw muscles and grinding your teeth at night;
- Headaches and migraines.
You Can Gain:
- Higher brain functioning;
- Increased immune function;
- Lowered blood pressure;
- Lowered heart rate;
- Increased awareness;
- Increased attention and focus;
- Increased clarity in thinking and perception;
- Lowered anxiety levels;
- Experience of being calm and internally still;
- Experience of feeling connected.
Getting Started is Easy
Free 15 Min Chat
You can learn more about your specific situation by scheduling a free initial call or by sending a message.
Booking appointments is easy and convenient with a wide range of days and times available.
Together we establish goals and a plan to tackle whatever life has thrown at you getting on the path to a more fulfilling tomorrow.
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital